Friends of Glenthorne warmly welcome new members and friends to assist with their conservation, restoration, and re-vegetation projects and other activities to protect Glenthorne into the future.
Bush Care Days:
Glenthorne Bush Care Days are held on the 1st and 3rd Sunday and the 2nd Saturday of each month. For people that are available during the week our Bush Care Days are every Wednesday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm. see our Events page to find out when the next one is on.
Bush Care Days start at 10.00 am and finish at 4.00 pm. We meet at the Majors Road Ranger’s Station gates at about 9.45 am for brief inductions.
Late arrivals please phone Alan 0411 595 910, or Kath 0408 622 334, for gate attendance.
We usually have lunch at about 12:30 pm. Suggestions of what to bring:
- Appropriate Weather Protection Gear. (ie. Sunscreen, Hat, long sleeve shirts and pants, enclosed shoes.)
- A chair
- Drinking water
- Food and Drinks (your own – due to Covid-19 restrictions)
Things we like to do on our Bush Care Days
- Control weeds and assist in the re-vegetation efforts.
- Identify the different birds that visit the property.
- Collect seeds for propagation of local provenance plants.
- Heritage protection.
Please subscribe to our Newsletter by clicking here.
FoG Membership – If you want to become more involved with the Friends of Glenthorne National Park – Ityamaiitpinna Yarta:
- Information can be found on our membership page, here
Glenthorne National Park
To see the latest news on the progress of the whole “Glenthorne National Park”, go to the Department’s website https://www.glenthorne.sa.gov.au/home
- Breaking News!!!