This coming Tuesday, 17th September is our AGM. At the Trott Park Neighbourhood Centre, 34 Hessing Crescent, Trott Park, from 7.3Opm.
The Agenda will be:
3. Guest Speaker: Dan Duval from the Adelaide Botanic Gardens.
Dan is worlcing on the First Creek Wetlands near Hackney Road and is also surveying and protecting rare native plants across the State. Dan will speak about his work as well as give an insight into the wetland and smaller woodland plants of the southern Mount Lofty Ranges, many of which has relevance to Glenthome Farm. Much of the seed Dan collects is either propagated for revegetation projects or is entered into the Millennium Seed Bank in the Botanic Gardens storage facility.
4. President’s Report.
5. Treasurer’s Report.
6. Election of Officers for 2013 /2014.
7. Tea, coffee and supper.
Please note that membership must be current in order to vote at the AGM or stand for a position on the FOG Conunittee. Subscriptions will be received prior to the meeting.
Down load the Membership form and Committee Nomination form.
Banking Details for Direct Payment:
Account Name: Friends of Glenthorne Inc.
Acct No: 198 876 197
Reference: Enter your name
This coming weekend is our next Enjoyment Day,
For September, it will again be on our usual Sunday, 15 September 2013, and still at the usual time of 10am.
Things that we plan to do:
- Spot spray regenerating annual / perennial grassy and broad leaf weed species.
- Halo spray around seedlings.
- Source and plant provenance native grass and low growing colonising species.
- Rapid walk over area to assess tree health and survival report issues i.e. if watering required
- Drill 'n Fill Olives and other Weedy trees,
- Remove Corf luted Green guards as trees grow above the guard.
- Brush cutting Phalaris weeds,
- Invite guests for a Tour of our revegetation areas.
As the weather becomes warmer, consider inviting friends to join you at Glenthorne, we wouild love to meet them.
The Glenthorne Team