2016 Friends of Parks Forum. “Urban Biodiversity Rocks”
- Download the Forum Information Pamphlet (PDF 1.5mb)
- Information about speakers and Field Trips. Registration Bundle ( PDF, 2 mb)
- Form to supply your details and register for the full Forum or the parts you wish to attend, including the dinner. Registration Form (200 kb, PDF),
The Friends of Glenthorne are an affiliated member of the Friends of Parks, and one of the many benefits we receive, is that we are able to attend the bi-annual Friends of Parks Forums. These are modestly priced events which cover a weekend and in this case, the Friday evening of the 14th of October to Sunday 15th of October, 2016. This year the 30th Forum is being held at the new Hallett Cove Civic Centre on Ragamuffin Drive, just off Ramrod Avenue.
The speakers featured include
- Adelaide’s own bat man, Terry Reardon,
- biodiversity and revegetation expert Andrew Allanson,
- well-known Prof Chris Daniels as the Saturday dinner speaker,
- Botanist Ann Prescott
- and many more.
The afternoon field trips on the Saturday and/or Sunday include the Marino Conservation Park, the Hallett Cove Conservation Park and Glenthorne Farm.
The Forum, for just $125, includes, a BBQ on the Friday night, lunches both days and the dinner on Saturday at Club Marion as well as the speakers and field trips, or you can choose to attend just a part of the Forum, also for a very reasonable fee.
The Friends of Parks Forum Committee are proud to offer a varied and interesting Forum in our own local parks and we urge you to register and join us for what will be a wonderful weekend of talks, field trips and simply catching up with other volunteers from parks from across the State.
Please click on the links above to download from our website the Registration forms for the upcoming 30th Friends of Parks Forum.
Visit the Friends of Parks webpage
If you want to know any more information, please email to: the Forum Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org