Please note, if you forward this email to anyone else, be sure to remove the links to your personal profile at the bottom of this email.
These links should only be used by you to access and change your FoG Newsletter subscriber profile.
- June Enjoyment Day
- Membership fees are due
Welcome to 2nd June FoG News!
- 3rd May 2015 About Time History event saw more than 100 visitors to the farm for a day of historical significance with Pam Smith and Keryn Walshe providing discussions and tours of the property, guest speaker retired Lieutenant Colonel Reg Williams spoke in the Old Barn about the Australian Light Horses’ last battle in Bethesda, the Sheidow Park School provided a display of the local children’s project work relating to Glenthorne’s history and those in attendance, including many young children, had a thoroughly enjoyable day in a local place of significance.
- 17th May Enjoyment Day was unfortunately cancelled due to lack of University approval to hold two events in one month, but we do thank the University for allowing the Friends access to the Old Barn for the About Time event.
- 24th May 2015 Community Vision Day was a huge success with more than 50 people in attendance including Hon. Robert Hill, Assoc Prof David C Paton, former CEO of the Dept Environment Allan Holmes, State MPs David Speirs, Corey Wingard and Katrine Hildyard, Mayor of the City of Marion Kris Hanna and a number of councillors and teachers as well as many members of the local community. Robert Hill spoke of the early efforts to convince the Howard Government to save the site and David Paton spoke passionately about the need to utilise as much of the property as possible to re-establish Grey Box Woodland for the protection of endangered woodland birds which are on the path to local extinction. This event has planted the seed for developing a future direction for this property, thought by many to be locked away and lost in time. We assure you that the Friends are working hard to develop the concepts proposed at this important meeting into a working document which will have significant repercussions into the future. The work has just begun and your ongoing support is appreciated.
- We have also been networking with many other environmental groups in the south and many of our group attended the Volunteer Celebration down at Aldinga Scrub put on by the NRMB and DEWNR last Sunday 14th June.
June Enjoyment Day
Our next Enjoyment Day is this Sunday, 21st June 2015 from 10.00am until 2.00pm, and all are welcome.
We will be, amongst other things, planting native grasses or perhaps you would like to join us for tea or coffee and a discussion of recent events from around 1.00 pm.
We will be on site from 10.00am to 2.00pm and if you arrive after 10.00am please call Alan on 0411595910 for entry instructions.
We look forward to seeing many of our new Friends from the About Time and Community Vision Day events.
Friends of Glenthonre Membership Fee due
The Friends have many ongoing expenses which we can only cover through fees and donations, so we appreciate your support by renewing your membership.
There has been an increase this year to:
- $10.00 Individual membership
- $20.00 Family membership
We do offer institutional and corporate memberships and discounts for students and others under financial hardship.
A convenient way to do this is via e-Banking or deposits can be made into our ANZ account.
Our account details (also available on our website) are:
Account Name: Friends of Glenthorne Inc.
Acct No: 198 876 197
Bank Reference: Enter your name
If you do not want to continute to recieved these emails, then to unsubscribe click here, to edit your profile (Name/Email address) click here.
Visit our website for any more details, including future events, at www.FriendsOfGlenthorne.org.au
To view this newsletter via the website click #