Don't forget our Annual General Meeting, 7:30pm, Tuesday 17th Sept, at the Trott Park Neighbourhood Centre, 34 Hessing Crescent Trott Park.
We will have a quick meeting for elections, and then be thouroughly entertained by a guest speaker, Mr. Dan Duval, who is helping to develop the very new and exciting Adelaide Botanic Gardens Wetlands Project. Come along and be amazed at what they are doing there.
Enjoyment Day this Saturday
Sorry for this late notice, but this Saturday is our next Enjoyment Day, from 10am to 1pm.
We had planned to meet on 17 August but due to the forecast rain on that day, it was cancelled at very late notice. A huge apology from us about this, especially to those that turned up, without knowing it was cancelled. (We know who you are, so Chocolate Frogs will be forthcoming to you!!!)
Meet at the Majors Road gates at about 9.45am this Saturday to complete the required paperwork. If you arrive late please phone 0411 595 910 for gate attendance.
Things that we plan to do:
- Spot spray regenerating annual / perennial grassy and broad leaf weed species.
- Halo spray around seedlings.
- Source and plant provenance native grass and low growing colonising species.
- Chainsaw-Trim rouge Olive Trees near damaged heritage buildings, in preparation for Drill 'n Fill action. Experiment with Olive suffocation using plastic sheeting.
- Rapid walk over area to assess tree health and survival report issues.
- Drill 'n Fill Olives and other Weedy trees,
- Remove Corf luted Green guards as trees grow above the guard.
- Brush cutting Phalaris weeds,
- Invite guests and others for a Tour of our revegetation areas.
- Discuss a possible trip to the Mildura Botanic Gardens.
Tea and coffee and a good chat will follow afterwards.
For those interested in getting up-close and personal to little native furry animals, we have been invited to particpate in a Biodiversity survey at Myponga in late September. This will be from Sat 28th Sept to Wed 2nd Oct. You will be involved in setting up "Drum" traps to catch, identify, micro-chip, and release animals as part of this decade-long survey. Previous experience is not necessary. You can come for one or more days/sessions. If you are interested to know more details, please contact us.
The Glenthorne Team